NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- United Technologies
(UTX - Get Report) was upgraded to "buy" from "neutral" by Goldman Sachs on Friday, with Goldman citing a strengthening commercial aerospace market, a strong defense portfolio, signs of a recovery in U.S. non-residential construction, and stabilization in Europe.
Goldman raised its price target on the stock to $138 from $123.
United Technologies rose 2.1% in early trading Friday to $116.09.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about its recommendation:"We rate UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP (UTX) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.22 versus $5.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.82 versus $6.22).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,589.00 million or 31.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.99%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.64, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.71 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: UTX Ratings Report