GrafTech International Ltd. (NYSE:GTI) (“GrafTech”) today announced that it has filed preliminary proxy materials with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) in connection with the Company’s May 15, 2014, Annual Meeting of Stockholders. The Company has established March 28, 2014, as the record date for stockholders entitled to vote at the 2014 Annual Meeting.
In connection with the filing of its preliminary proxy statement, the Company also announced that the Board has nominated two new, highly-qualified and independent directors, Tom Danjczek and Catherine Morris, to stand for election at the Company’s upcoming Annual Meeting. Joining Mr. Danjczek and Ms. Morris on the Company's slate of director nominees are current directors: Joel Hawthorne, Randy Carson, Mary Cranston, Harold Layman, Ferrell McClean, Steven Shawley and Craig Shular.
- Tom Danjczek brings extensive experience and relationships in the steel and manufacturing industry. Mr. Danjczek served as President of the Steel Manufacturers Association (“SMA”), the national trade association representing North American steel producers who account for over 75 percent of domestic steelmaking capacity, from February 1998 through November 2013. Mr. Danjczek has also held leadership roles at a number of public companies, including Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel Corporation, Bethlehem Steel Corporation and Kaiser Steel Corporation.
- Catherine Morris brings a high level of strategic and financial acumen in the electronics and advanced technologies industries. She currently serves as senior vice president and chief strategy officer for Arrow Electronics, Inc., a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products with more than $21 billion in revenues, where she leads strategic initiatives for the company, including global merger and acquisition activity. Prior to joining Arrow, Ms. Morris held various financial leadership roles in the banking and manufacturing industries.
"We are pleased to welcome two extremely accomplished and independent directors to GrafTech’s slate of nominees for election to the Board," said Joel L. Hawthorne, GrafTech’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “Tom’s deep operating and management experience in the steel and manufacturing industry will further support the successful execution of GrafTech’s strategy. Catherine will bring more than 25 years of experience in finance, computer products and electronic components distribution and her strategic insight will be valuable to the Board. Tom and Catherine are well-respected and proven leaders in the steel, graphite and electrical equipment industries whose skills will complement those of our current board members. Their proven business knowledge, strong track records and relevant experience will be great assets as we continue to execute our strategy for the benefit of all GrafTech stockholders.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts