NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Bank of America has decreased its numbers of Symantec (SYMC), it said Friday. The firm said the termination of CEO Steve Bennett after the bell Thursday jeopardizes the feasibility of the company's 5/30 plan. An "underperform" rating was reiterated with a $17 price target.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Software industry average. The net income increased by 31.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $216.00 million to $283.00 million.
- SYMANTEC CORP has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SYMANTEC CORP reported lower earnings of $1.05 versus $1.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.86 versus $1.05).
- The gross profit margin for SYMANTEC CORP is currently very high, coming in at 88.15%. Regardless of SYMC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 16.59% trails the industry average.
- SYMC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SYMC Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts