CAMP HILL, Pa., March 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Harsco Corporation (NYSE:HSC) announced today the appointment of Richard E. Lundgren, Jr. as Group President of its Harsco Metals & Minerals business effective April 7, 2014.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=24273
Mr. Lundgren joins Harsco with an extensive, 30-year background as an operations executive, having served most recently as the Chief Executive Officer for Shale-Inland Holdings, a leading industrial distribution company for specialty metal products. Before that, he served as the President of Tyco Thermal Controls, a global subsidiary of Tyco International, and has held similar senior leadership roles with Monsanto, Huntsman Corporation and Flowserve Corporation. He is a graduate of the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and also holds a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Nebraska."Rick's selection completes an extensive search process which included the review of well-qualified internal and external candidates," said Harsco Director and Interim President and CEO David Everitt. "We believe that Rick's considerable success as a leader of significant business transformations on a multinational scale, together with his 30 years of operational leadership experience, will allow him to bring a unique and relevant set of skills to this role. He joins us at a pivotal time for our Metals & Minerals business as we near the completion of our Simplification-led organizational review and execute on the plans that will take us to the next level of performance. As we welcome Rick, we also want to express our greatest appreciation to Michael Monberg for his service as Interim President at such a critical time, and we look forward to his continuing contributions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV