Trade-Ideas: Ann (ANN) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- ANN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.9 million.
- ANN is up 7.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ANN: ANN Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the retailing of women's apparel, shoes, and accessories under the Ann Taylor and LOFT brands. ANN has a PE ratio of 17.0. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Ann a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ann has been 977,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ann has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 7.4% with 2.44 days to cover. Shares are up 1.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ann as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ANN INC has improved earnings per share by 6.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ANN INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.10 versus $1.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.16 versus $2.10).
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Specialty Retail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 1.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $40.75 million to $41.19 million.
- You can view the full Ann Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV