After the bell, shares had cratered 8.2% to $28.40.
The aviation support company reported third-quarter net income of 45 cents a share, 2 cents short of analysts' estimates compiled by Thomson Reuters.
Revenue of $474.4 million was 8.8% lower year over year and missed forecasts by $51.23 million."After strong second-quarter results, we experienced a challenging third quarter in both of our segments," said CEO David P. Storch in a statement. Its aviation services, which provides supply chain, maintenance, engineering and technical services to the aviation industry, saw a decline in sales from lower maintenance, repair and operations sales. This was due to the completion of a significant engineering services program in the second quarter as well as lower landing gear revenues. In its technology products segment, which manufactures components and tools for commercial aviation, lower sales of mobility products was partially offset by sales growth in cargo systems. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates AAR CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate AAR CORP (AIR) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AIR Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV