NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Game of Thrones fans who were able to get tickets to tonight's HBO Game of Thrones: The Epic Fan Experience event at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., you are in for a treat.
I was among the roughly 1,400 attendees invited to view the Game of Thrones Season Four premiere on Tuesday night at Lincoln Center.
Without giving any spoilers to the episode, I will say the premiere was awesome, partly because I got to watch it on a big screen with surround sound and partly because, well, it's Game of Thrones. So any questions that either George R.R. Martin -- the author of the book series A Song of Ice and Fire, which Time Warner (TWX) HBO's show is based on -- or showrunners David Benioff or D.B. Weiss were considering about a big screen adaption, it could definitely work.
While watching the first episode was of course the main reason I went to the event, the night was filled with GoT eye candy and a few surprises.First, most of the show's cast (those that are still alive) were in the audience watching with us. While sadly, notable absences were: Kit Harington (who plays Jon Snow), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (who plays Jaime Lannister) and Natalie Dormer (who plays Margaery Tyrell), others were there, looking slightly different than what fans are used to seeing them dressed as in the show. Both Emilia Clarke (who plays Daenerys Targaryen) and Lena Headey (who plays Cersei Lannister) had dark hair and much shorter than the long blond and golden locks we fans are used to.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV