U.S. Global Investors, Inc. ( Nasdaq: GROW), a boutique registered investment advisory firm specializing in natural resources, emerging markets, domestic equities and municipal bonds, changed the ticker of its Holmes Macro Trends Fund to MEGAX.
“The ticker MEGAX better reflects the big-picture approach of the fund and its focus on long-term sector leadership trends,” says Frank Holmes, U.S. Global Investors CEO. “Given the headwinds facing Asia and Europe, the fund’s U.S.-based holdings could benefit from a strong U.S. economy.”
The Holmes Macro Trends Fund seeks to own domestic growth companies with robust fundamentals, including those growing revenues at more than 10 percent and generating at least 20 percent earnings growth, located in the strongest industries and sectors of the market.
“Over the past year, shareholders have benefited from the fund’s approach. As of the end of February, the fund outperformed the benchmark S&P 1500 Composite index by almost 10 percent in one year,” says Holmes.As of February 28, the Holmes Macro Trends Fund grew 35.30 percent while the S&P 1500 Composite Index rose 25.71 percent. To learn more about the fund and how it invests, investors can download the fact sheet at U.S. Global’s website. About U.S. Global Investors, Inc. U.S. Global Investors, Inc. ( www.usfunds.com) is a boutique registered investment adviser specializing in actively managed equity and bond strategies. The company has a longstanding history as experts in gold and precious metals, natural resources and emerging markets. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, the company provides advisory and other services to U.S. Global Investors Funds and other clients. With an average of $1.11 billion in assets under management in the quarter ended December 31, 2013, U.S. Global Investors manages domestic and offshore funds offering a variety of investment options, from emerging markets to fixed income.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV