NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says Lennar Homebuilders (LEN) has not risen on its positive quarterly earnings report because KB Homes (KBH) essentially told the same story as Lennar recently, and a company "can't go up twice on the same information."
Cramer notes that Lennar is up from the mid-$30 range when many felt there was little hope and had written off the homebuilders. Now, he suggests pausing after the last three months of growth and waiting to see how the spring selling season unfolds.
Cramer also says ConAgra Foods (CAG) should be out of favor because Janet Yellen said the market could be accelerating; however, if the guidance lowers to the point that it is beaten, then buyers will always be there. He says this is the case with ConAgra and compares it to General Mills (GIS). He believes in natural and organic foods and, though this is not ConAgra's lineup, he recommends the company because it was well run before it overpaid for Ralcorp and is well run again today.
"If you thought the economy is slowing, it's a logical place to go," Cramer says.Must Watch: Jim Cramer on Lennar Homebuilders, KB Home, ConAgra Foods STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. ---------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates LENNAR CORP as a "buy" with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate LENNAR CORP (LEN) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 28.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 41.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 218.90% to $210.03 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LENNAR CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 59.09%.
- LENNAR CORP has improved earnings per share by 30.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LENNAR CORP reported lower earnings of $2.14 versus $3.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.42 versus $2.14).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Household Durables industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 31.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $124.34 million to $164.08 million.
- The gross profit margin for LENNAR CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.82%. Regardless of LEN's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LEN's net profit margin of 8.56% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LEN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV