NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Bacterin International (BONE) is gaining on Thursday on the announcement of positive reactions to its OsteoSponge bone graft and after posting better-than-expected fiscal 2013 results.
By midday, shares had added 23.8% to $1.04.
Trading volume of 5.8 million was 36 times higher than its three-month daily average.
The nano-cap was surging after the results of its OsteoSponge bone graft were published in Orthopedics, a peer-reviewed journal. The article noted positive developments in 25 patients who underwent foot and ankle arthrodesis, with 96% showing radiographic fusion at 6 and 12 months postop.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. "We have spent a considerable amount of effort and resources supporting the clinical efficacy of our products through peer-reviewed publications in recent years and the results of this study further serve as testament to our role as a leader in the orthobiologic sector," said chief scientific officer Dr. Gregory Juda in a statement. Separately, after the bell Wednesday, the bone graft developer reported its fiscal 2013 results. In the 12 months to December, the Belgrade, Mont.-based business generated $33.1 million in revenue, $240,000 higher than analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected. A net loss of 24 cents a share was 4 cents narrower than analysts had forecast. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV