Acquiring does not mean we kill the people, process and technology of the company that is joining Cisco. Actually, we try to understand it and often focus on scaling it through our "Go-to-Market" strategy. We can create synergy and scale if we understand each company and how they operate around "People, Process and Technology."
Around the Horn
In all of these executive exclusives, we try and end with a fun "around the horn" session. A couple of quick questions I had (answer in one or two sentences):
- Prior to Cisco, you were at Pepsi Cola International. How did you make the transition from a consumer company to Cisco?
Easy. Both companies focused on the customer. I received my training at IBM (IBM) and then went to Pepsi (PEP) to understand the challenges of being a customer. I believe Pepsi taught me how technology can be a differentiator and an enabler for customers.
- You work with a lot of high-profile professionals across government and other public and state entities. How does Pat Finn preserve his sanity while dealing with such high-caliber individuals?
- Long-time, legendary Cisco CEO John Chambers -- what are the three things you have learned from him?
- You were very much part of the Sept. 11, 2011 events, leading a team to support New York City customers who were affected. How did you inspire your team at the time to help in the wake of this event?
- You are highly committed to a great not-for-profit called Inwood House. How have you sought to inspire the teens you are in contact with, and what are your broad observations on the next generation of potential leaders?
I am proud of what organizations, such as Inwood House, are doing to give inner city youth a chance for a complete education in the 21st century and give them a shot at success by providing a foundation. If you thanked a young man or woman in uniform for their service to our freedom and our country, you will see that foundation that I am talking about. -- By Brian Sozzi CEO of Belus Capital Advisors, analyst to TheStreet. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV