NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Denison Mines (DNN) is gaining on Thursday after announcing it had signed a letter of intent to acquire the uranium assets of Vancouver-based International Enexco Limited. As part of the acquisition, Denison would purchase all Enexco shares but spin off its copper assets into an independent company.
By midmorning, shares had added 6.5% to $1.65.
In the non-binding letter, Denison proposes to acquire all issued and outstanding common shares in a share-for-share transaction. Upon its completion, it is expected Enexco shareholders will own an approximate 2.1% stake in Denison.
Enexco's uranium assets include a 30% interest in the Mann Lake exploration project and a 20% interest in the Bachman Lake Joint Venture.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The former is an exploratory joint venture between Cameco Corp (with a 52.5% stake), Enexco (30%), and AREVA Resources Canada (17.5%). Meanwhile, the Bachman Lake project is operated by Denison with an 80% controlling interest. It is one of Denison's highest priority uranium exploratory projects. "Denison continues to focus on becoming the preeminent exploration company in the Athabasca Basin, and we believe that the acquisition of IEC represents another logical step towards achieving that goal," said Denison chairman Lukas Lundin in a statement. Denison currently owns 3.6 million shares in Enexco, an approximate 8.4% of total shares outstanding. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV