NEW YORK (
TheStreet's Jim Cramer sees an important corollary between March Madness -- the NCAA college basketball tournament -- and food.
Specifically, the food offered by Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) -- beer and wings, said Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio. The better the tournament, the better BWLD's stock does. The stock's technicals look great, too.
But not all companies are doing as well. The high growth and momentum names aren't just getting sold on Friday, they are getting "annihilated," Cramer said.
Growth investors are rotating out of names such as Netflix (NFLX), Tesla Motors (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY). Those same investors are putting their money to work in new initial public offerings and hot stocks like Globoforce (THNX), A10 Networks (ATEN), Amber Road (AMBR) and Endocyte (ECYT).
Investors are chasing these names and are only talking about excitement while they're beginning to talk about fundamentals in the older growth stocks, particularly SolarCity.He concluded that investors feel like they "missed" their opportunity in the older growth stocks and are trying to sniff out the new growth. He recommended using caution going forward.
- - Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV