Update (4:45 p.m.): Updated with Thursday market close information.
BG Medicine reported a loss of 6 cents a share, which beat the Capital IQ consensus estimate of a loss of 12 cents a share. Revenue also increased 7% year over year to $1.15 million, which edged analysts' estimates of $1.1 million.
President and CEO Paul R. Sohmer M.D. said the company expects "to increase our revenues and decrease our operating cash burn as compared to 2013" in the company's press release.The company also announced it received Tuesday a patent from the United States Patent and Trademark Office covering Galectin-3 testing for Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy. The stock closed at $1.92, up 13.61% or 23 cents from its previous close of $1.69. More than 13.7 million shares traded hands, well above the average of 1,641,810. The stock hit a low of $1.88 for the day and holds a one-year low of 55 cents. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV