NEW YORK, March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- EXPRESS, Inc. (NYSE: EXPR), the U.S. specialty retail apparel chain offering dual-gender fashion for going-out, casual and work, announces the opening of its largest location in Times Square. The globally expanding retailer, known for its modern, sexy style, will celebrate the store's grand opening on Tuesday, March 25 at 7:00 p.m. with a live performance by Robin Thicke.
"It's EXPRESS on steroids," said Michael Weiss, the chairman and chief executive officer of EXPRESS. "This is an elevated presentation where the homes for each category are much more defined. Our billboard, with 9,000 square feet of LED, is the biggest and highest-definition billboard in the whole of Times Square. You know nobody whispers in Times Square; they shout. And if you're going to shout, you'd better be the loudest."
The Times Square store is located in the landmark I. Miller building distinguished by its marbled frame and statues of iconic actresses including Marilyn Miller and Mary Pickford. With over 28,000 square feet, the impressive location embraces the fast-paced and tech-savvy mindset of New York City with imagery boxes, LED walls and screens, interactive iPads, mobile points of sale, and on-site charging stations to enhance the shopping experience.
Divided into three levels of women's and men's collections, the store marks the brand's grandest location to-date with a design concept that elevates the brand's current high-fashion runway layout. Design elements include French limestone floors, white brick walls, Carrera marble fixtures, crystal chandeliers, glass vitrines housing noteworthy trends and two expansive escalators to transport visitors among the three floors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV