TAUNTON, Mass., March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics C4 Systems-built Warfighter Information Network – Tactical (WIN-T) Increment 2 completed a developmental test at the Aberdeen Test Center, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md. The test, held in February, evaluated the effectiveness of recent system improvements to reduce complexity and improve the reliability of the U.S. Army's WIN-T Increment 2 system. These improvements were based on feedback from deployed soldiers using the system in Afghanistan and recommendations from recent Network Integration Evaluations. WIN-T Increment 2 enables soldiers operating in remote and challenging terrain to maintain voice, video, data communications and mission command while on the move.
Chris Marzilli, president of General Dynamics C4 Systems, said, "We are working side-by-side with the Army to make significant strides in streamlining and simplifying network operations that translates directly to improved system reliability so that every soldier can focus on the mission at hand."
The 27-day developmental test used 16 WIN-T Increment 2 mobile network nodes including the Soldier Network Extension (SNE) and Point of Presence (PoP) vehicles. Soldiers had hands-on experience with improvements, including:
- A reduction in system start-up time: With little more than flipping a power switch to 'ON,' a soldier's log in credentials brings the system online in less than five minutes, where previously it required multiple steps, log-ins and about 12 minutes to complete.
- Connecting to the radio gateway in seconds: During the test, soldiers connected to a gateway by selecting an icon representing a pre-configured destination, connecting with the gateway in seconds, where previously it was a time-intensive process involving multiple configuration steps.
- Intuitive software tools with quick and easy troubleshooting: With new, intuitive software tools, soldiers followed a simple troubleshooting process to quickly and efficiently fix any system faults during the test. Previously, troubleshooting was an in-depth, multi-step process developed for trained Signal soldiers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV