Humana (HUM) Hits New Lifetime High
- HUM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $183.0 million.
- HUM has traded 48,870 shares today.
- HUM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HUM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HUM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HUM: Humana Inc., a health care company, offers a range of insurance products, and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. The company operates in Retail, Employer Group, Healthcare Services, and Other Businesses segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. HUM has a PE ratio of 14.4. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Humana a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Humana has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Humana has a market cap of $17.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 5.1% with 5.06 days to cover. Shares are up 9.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Humana as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HUM's share price has jumped by 59.23%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HUM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- HUM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.28 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HUM has a quick ratio of 1.61, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- HUMANA INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HUMANA INC increased its bottom line by earning $7.70 versus $7.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.75 versus $7.70).
- You can view the full Humana Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.