NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- ExOne (XONE) is set to slide on Thursday after reporting fourth-quarter earnings and sales below analysts' expectations after market close a day earlier.
By market open, shares had taken off 11.5% to $38.70.
The three-dimensional printer manufacturer recorded a 22-cents-a-share net loss in the three months to December and revenue of $10.7 million, 16% lower than a year earlier.
Analyst averages compiled by Thomson Reuters had called for net income of a penny a share and revenue of $12.13 million.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The company said lower revenue was due to the mix of lower-priced machines sold over the fourth quarter. North Huntingdon, Penn.-based ExOne sold twelve 3D machines over the quarter, 4 more than the year earlier. However, machine revenue, which accounts for 66% of total sales, dropped 22% year over year. However, the company remains positive on increased sales over the year ahead. "As we progress in 2014, we believe that the adoption of 3D printing in industrial manufacturing applications is gaining momentum in our global marketplace," CEO S. Kent Rockwell said in a statement. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV