MINNEAPOLIS, March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Now, families everywhere can prepare a home cooked dish every night of the week in 30 minutes or less with Recipe Starters cooking sauces from Progresso.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/66165-general-mills-progresso-recipe-starters-new-pouch-bold-flavor
Easy to use, moms only need to add a few ingredients to create a delicious dish every night of the week that the family will love. From slow cooker to skillet to baked or broiled, Progresso Recipe Starters are the complete go-to cooking sauce that take some of the prep time out of cooking to give busy moms a head start to home cooked during busy weeknights.
"Available in five flavorful varieties, Recipe Starters thick sauce provides a rich and concentrated, robust flavor," said Stefan Miller, associate marketing manager for Progresso. "Each of the flavors can be used as a starter to create a variety of tasty recipes. With an easy-to-use pouch design, all you have to do is just add your favorite protein, along with a few pantry or refrigerator items and you've got a delicious home-cooked dish the family will love."Sauces 101Sauces are an essential element in dishes prepared all over the world, and many can be traced back to the five "Mother" sauces. These sauces include Bechamel, Veloute, Tomato, Espagnole and Hollandaise, and form the basis of classical French cooking. Professional chefs rely on these sauces, or their derivatives, to create the signature dishes you know and love. Inspired by these "Mother" Sauces, Progresso developed Recipe Starters using the best techniques and ingredients to create the rich and bold flavors.
- Creamy Roasted Garlic: Chicken stock, roasted garlic and a touch of cream
- Recipe Ideas: Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu or Slow Cooker Garlic Beef Roast
- Fire-Roasted Tomato: Medium-thick, tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted tomatoes and red bell peppers, basil and a touch of cream
- Recipe Ideas: Slow Cooker Lasagna, Mini Meat Loaves with Tomato Sauce or Quick and Easy Italian Stuffed Peppers
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: Creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces
- Recipe Ideas: Creamy Parmesan Chicken Penne or Parmesan Basil Shrimp Pasta
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy, full-bodied and highly indulgent smooth sauce with Portabella mushrooms flavor. Body similar to medium béchamel. Dairy/mushroom is primary flavor base with herb/white wine top notes.
- Recipe Ideas: Skillet Mushroom Stroganoff or Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken & Pasta
- Creamy Three Cheese: Creamy, full-bodied and highly indulgent with body similar to medium cheese sauce. Rich with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory touch of cracked pepper.
- Recipe Ideas: Cheesy Chicken Burritos or Loaded Bacon Potato Pizza