Power management company Eaton (NYSE:ETN) has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the eighth consecutive year.
"As Eaton employees, we take our responsibility seriously to live our values and philosophy every day, in everything we do," said Deborah Severs, Eaton senior vice president, Global Ethics and Compliance. "Our reputation for ethical business practices reflects our commitment to our customers, our employees, our shareholders and the communities we serve, and we’re honored to be recognized again by the Ethisphere Institute.”
The Ethisphere Institute is an independent center of research promoting best practices in corporate ethics and governance. This is the eighth year Eaton has been honored with the award, which recognizes organizations that continue to raise the bar on ethical leadership and corporate behavior. This year's honorees span 41 industries, 22 countries and five continents.
“The entire community of World’s Most Ethical Companies believe that customers, employees, investors and regulators place a high premium on trust and that ethics and good governance are key in earning it,” said Timothy Erblich, Ethisphere’s chief executive officer. “Eaton joins an exclusive community committed to driving performance through leading business practices. We congratulate everyone at Eaton for this extraordinary achievement.”
Eaton has received widespread recognition for responsible business practices; recent honors include:
- Ranked among the world’s top sustainability performers in the NASDAQ Global Sustainability 100 Index
- One of Corporate Responsibility Officer Magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 2007 - 2013
- Ranked a global leader by the Carbon Disclosure Project and named to the Climate Disclosure Leadership Index
- Named to Thomson Reuters Top 100 Innovators List, 2011 - 2013
- Ranked among the China CSR Honor Roll Top 100 Enterprises by the China Social Responsibility Excellent Enterprise Summit, 2010 - 2013
- Named among India’s Best Companies to Work For by the Economic Times and Great Places to Work Institute, 2012 - 2013
- Named one of Mexico’s top employers by the Great Place to Work Institute, 2012 - 2013
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 102,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit