Citrix today announced customers who are transforming their businesses with Citrix mobile workspace solutions, demonstrating how its virtualization, networking and cloud services technologies empower new ways for people to work better. With consumerization, mobility and BYOD continuing to impact and evolve the workplace, industry analysts estimate the emerging mobile workspaces market is set to grow 15 times in the next three years 1. With Citrix XenDesktop®, XenApp®, XenMobile®, ShareFile®, GoToMeeting® and NetScaler® offerings, Citrix continues to provide a complete mobile workspace solution that securely delivers apps, desktops, files and services to any user, on any device over any network – all with an intuitive user experience. As a result, workers gain access to a portable, always on, always connected working environment that follows them no matter where they go, no matter what device they choose to use, and no matter what method of connectivity they happen to be leveraging. No other vendor provides the breadth of capabilities – from app and desktop virtualization, to secure mobile app and device management, to cloud networking – that are needed to enable the delivery of comprehensive and personalized mobile workspaces.
The mobile and cloud era is marked by the rapid emergence of devices, app platforms, millennial generation, social media and globalization that are driving dramatic changes in how IT organizations respond. With 61 percent of information workers today now working outside the office 2 and using an average of three or more devices a day for work purposes 3, and 72 percent of workers feeling unequipped with the technology necessary to get their jobs done outside the office 4, organizations are struggling with how to embrace business mobility. Moreover, technology decision makers are seeing security challenges in how to provide technology to these workers, with 67 percent expressing concerns about data protection on mobile devices 5.
Today’s forward-thinking IT organizations are leveraging mobile workspace solutions from Citrix to enable seamless access to mobile, web and Windows apps, data and collaboration tools, while securely delivering services regardless of where or how they need to be accessed. As a result, they are achieving increased business agility and transforming the way their employees and customers work. Here are a few examples of how Citrix customers are leveraging the power of a mobile workspace:
- Mobile workspaces deliver access to patient records. A large U.S. healthcare organization needed a solution to protect highly sensitive patient records while enabling clinicians and doctors to access documents from anywhere. With the implementation of a Citrix mobile workspace strategy, the organization is now able to meet HIPAA compliance requirements and deliver real-time access to critical patient information.
- Mobile workspaces enable Department of Justice to meet compliance requirements. A state Department of Justice (DOJ) provides its employees, including law enforcement officers, with secure access to critical criminal justice information on mobile devices while meeting department and government compliance policies. Describing the technology as a “law enforcement game changer,” the DOJ highlighted that the Citrix mobile workspace solution has enabled them to increase productivity across multiple departments.
- Mobile workspaces enable collaboration. The need for secure mobility isn’t just limited to traditional businesses. An elementary school leverages Citrix collaboration technology to hold classes during a snowstorm to keep from tacking on make-up days at the end of the school year. Teachers were able to broadcast the scheduled lessons to their students via iPads, allowing the students to attend classes from home in a safe and secure environment.
“Mobile workspaces are playing a key role in addressing the new organizational imperative around secure mobility,” said Mark Bowker, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “The Citrix mobile workspace solution addresses these needs by providing security and control for IT, while giving employees the flexibility to work from anywhere, on the device of their choice with access to all the apps, data and collaboration tools they need to work like they are in the office.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts