WALTHAM, Mass., March 20, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BG Medicine, Inc. (Nasdaq:BGMD), the developer of the BGM Galectin-3 ® Test, today reported financial results for the three months ended and year ended December 31, 2013.
- The BGM Galectin-3 test was recognized in the American College of Cardiology Foundation and American Heart Association (ACCF/AHA) Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) published the 2014 Medicare national limitation amount for the galectin-3 blood test at $30.01. This national limitation amount replaces the galectin-3 blood test's national limitation amount of $17.80 that was effective in 2013.
- Automated galectin-3 testing was introduced outside the U.S., as CE Mark was obtained by Abbott Diagnostics and bioMerieux for their automated tests for galectin-3.
- We completed our critical path tasks in support of the Abbott ARCHITECT Galectin-3 assay submission to the FDA.
- Our commercial reach was extended beyond specialty and clinical research laboratories as we introduced our BGM Galectin-3 Test to primary care physicians, health care provider groups, hospitals, and regional reference laboratories.
- 13 full-length clinical research and review articles that relate to the utility of our BGM Galectin-3 Test in heart failure and related disorders were published. In addition, numerous oral and poster presentations were delivered at both U.S. and international meetings.