- Samsung Fine Chemicals will purchase $100 million of SSL's ordinary shares at the IPO price through a private placement concurrent with SSL's IPO.
- Samsung Fine Chemicals has entered into an agreement with SunEdison pursuant to which SunEdison will purchase from Samsung Fine Chemicals shares representing a 35% interest in SMP, a joint venture between Samsung Fine Chemicals and SunEdison, and SunEdison will contribute those shares to SSL. Samsung Fine Chemicals will continue to be invested in SMP, owning 15% of SMP following the completion of the transaction. SMP is the low-cost fluidized bed reactor (FBR) based polysilicon joint venture under construction in Ulsan, Korea. The facility is expected to be completed in the second half of 2014 and will provide solar grade polysilicon to SunEdison with the potential to provide electronic grade polysilicon to SSL in the future.
- Samsung Electronics has entered into an agreement with SSL pursuant to which SSL will purchase Samsung Electronics' remaining 20% interest in MEMC Korea Company, in exchange for the issuance by SSL to Samsung Electronics of ordinary shares through a private placement concurrent with SSL's IPO. Upon completion of these transactions, SSL will own 100% of MEMC Korea Company.
- Samsung Electronics and SSL have entered into a long-term agreement for Samsung Electronics to purchase semiconductor wafers from SSL. As a result, SSL's market share with Samsung Electronics is expected to increase in each of the next three years.
SunEdison, Inc. Announces Private Placement Of Shares To Samsung In Connection With SunEdison Semiconductor Initial Public Offering
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts