MINNEAPOLIS, March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Snowboard cross champion Evan Strong (@strong_evan) made history after an inspiring performance in Sochi this week, taking home gold and becoming the first elite para-athlete to appear on the iconic Wheaties box. With his determination, perseverance and superlative athletic performance, Evan joins fellow American Champions Mikaela Shiffrin and Sage Kotsenburg with a limited-edition Wheaties box scheduled to hit store shelves this spring.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/7147551-wheaties-celebrates-snowboard-cross-champion-evan-strong-sochi
"We are extremely proud to have Evan as a member of Team Wheaties," said Jeff Tang, marketing for Wheaties. "His remarkable attitude toward overcoming adversity is truly inspiring. We are honored to celebrate his athletic accomplishments, as well as the strength, courage and generosity that define him as a role model to other athletes."
Strong, a native of Hawaii, who currently resides in Nevada City, Calif., excelled at extreme sports at a young age, even securing his first skateboarding sponsorship at 13. However, his life was forever changed at 17, when he lost his left leg as a result of a tragic car accident. Inspired by the Challenged Athletes Foundation, and with the support of his family, Strong began training again and soon added snowboarding to his list of athletic achievements — reaching the pinnacle with a historic gold-medal performance in Sochi."Joining some of the most elite athletes in the world to be on the Wheaties box is a dream come true," said Strong. "Despite my injury, I never stopped challenging myself to grow and reach new milestones. I hope my story serves as inspiration for others that anything can be accomplished with hard work and dedication."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV