Hydro Industries To Provide Water Purification Technology To Supply Clean Water Across India
India has one of the world's fastest growing economies and its rapid urbanisation is expected to lead to a 40% increase in domestic demand for water over the next decade (1). It is estimated that around 720 million of India's 1.25 billion population lack access to clean drinking water (2). Around 100,000 people die of water-related illnesses annually (3) and, according to UNICEF, waterborne diseases cost the Indian economy $600m in lost production and medical treatment (4).
Wayne Preece, CEO of Hydro Industries said: "This is an extremely significant relationship for our company, further enhancing Hydro's global reputation to deliver resourceful, innovative products to regions in real need of accessible, clean drinking water. The positive humanitarian impact is of vast importance to us, and we are delighted that technologies and products developed in Wales will provide a source of clean water for communities across India, improving their quality of life and giving them access to what is an essential requisite for a healthy life: clean water."
Hydro Industries Chairman and Principal Scientist, Phil Morgan, was clearly delighted, "This collaboration follows a series of successful river and bore-hole water purification trials already conducted on various sources in India. The positive implications are enormous and we are delighted to have the opportunity to work with Intelligent Energy to meet this challenge."
Congratulating Hydro Industries and Intelligent Energy on their collaboration, First Minister Carwyn Jones said: "This is great news and a very clever collaboration and link-up that will benefit everyone. I am proud that products developed by a Welsh company will help improve the lives of, potentially, millions of people in India who currently have no access to clean water."On the economic side, this partnership will help raise the international profile of Hydro Industries' expertise, opening up new business opportunities, while its exports will make a significant contribution to the Welsh economy and create and safeguard jobs in Wales." Dr Henri Winand, Intelligent Energy's CEO, said: "We are very excited about our relationship with Hydro. The combination of Hydro's leadership in water treatment technology, coupled with Intelligent Energy's expertise in providing efficient power management solutions, will enable the delivery of clean water where it is needed most across India." About Hydro Industries Hydro Industries is a technology company designing and delivering electro-based products for water purification.
- Environmental electrochemistry is emerging as a main-stream technology in a growing global market worth £350 bn.
- Hydro has established a commercial track-record, and leads in high-flow, low power applications in markets that include mining, utilities, construction and emergency response.
- In-house IP, know-how and skill-base for:
- Process design engineering
- Environmental impact analysis and control
- Control, instrumentation, automation, communication
- Aluminium and carbon composite fabrication
- Emergency response and solution delivery
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV