NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- One of the latest automotive trends is for the luxury automakers to reach down to hug the $30,000 price point with entry-level sedans. Audi's entry into the ring is the all-new 2015 Audi A3 sedan, which reaches U.S. dealerships starting this week.
This all-new 2015 Audi A3 has a strong advantage in design, inside and out. The exterior may be Audi's best yet, with flawless proportions and restrained elegance that will stand the test of time. In this A3, Audi has mastered walking the fine line between cutting out all the excess fat, but without cutting into the bone -- almost, anyway.
The dashboard is one of the very best of all time. No, it is not as good as the Tesla (TSLA) -- nothing is -- but the A3 is both beautiful and practical at the same time. The switchgear look and feel expensive, at least as good as both BMW and Mercedes.
The steering wheel is top-notch, as many other VW/Audi Group products are, for their respective classes. The driver's seat is only slightly better than average, with the seat cushion not being long enough. You also can't adjust the seat down enough for a tall guy, but it's close. Overall, the seating position is above average, but not as good as in the BMW i3, which has both better seats and a better-telescoping steering wheel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV