NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- ExOne (XONE) is skidding in extended trading after fourth-quarter earnings and sales fell below analysts' expectations.
After the bell, shares had taken off 8.6% to $39.97.
The 3D printing specialist reported a net loss of 22 cents a share in the three months to December, while analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast profits of a penny a share.
Revenue of $10.7 million fell 16% from the year-ago quarter and missed estimates by $1.43 million.The company sold twelve 3D printing machines over the quarter, compared to eight a year earlier. Machine revenue, which represents two-thirds of total revenue, dropped 22% from the fourth quarter a year earlier, a result of the mix of machines sold and their respective price points. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Over fiscal 2014, the North Huntingdon, Penn.-based business expects revenue growth between 40% and 50%, assuming sales of $55 million to $60 million. Analysts had forecast slightly-higher revenue of $61.56 million, a 50.3% year-over-year increase. "While we can't predict timing of our customers' behavior with accuracy, their feedback gives us their commitment to and confidence in our binder jetting technology and its varied industrial applications," CEO S. Kent Rockwell said in a statement. "As we progress in 2014, we believe that the adoption of 3D printing in industrial manufacturing applications is gaining momentum in our global marketplace," he added. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV