After the bell, shares had added 5.2% to $30.20.
The office furniture distributor said it expects net sales for its fourth quarter ending May between $485 million and $505 million and net income of 43 cents to 47 cents a share.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected earnings of 43 cents a share and sales of $487.53 million."The strength and consistency of demand this quarter was matched by progress in the advancement of our strategic agenda. We still have a great deal of work to do, but our performance this quarter shows that we are delivering on our commitments and making meaningful progress toward our vision of diversified, global growth," CEO Brian Walker said in a statement. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. In its third quarter, the Zeeland, Mich.-based business reported net sales of $455.9 million, a 7.7% year-over-year increase, and net income of 34 cents a share. Analysts had forecast sales of $457.6 million and net income of 34 cents a share. TheStreet Ratings team rates MILLER (HERMAN) INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate MILLER (HERMAN) INC (MLHR) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MLHR Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV