Levi & Korsinsky announces that a class action lawsuit has been commenced in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California on behalf of holders of Thoratec Corporation (“Thoratec” or the “Company”) (NasdaqGS: THOR) securities between April 29, 2010 and November 27, 2013.
For more information, click here: http://zlk.9nl.com/thoratec-thor.
The complaint alleges that throughout the Class Period, Thoratec made false and/or misleading statements and failed to disclose material adverse facts regarding the Company’s business, operations, and prospects. In particular, it is alleged that the Company failed to disclose that its HeartMate II Left Ventricular Assist Device held significant risk of pump thrombosis, causing numerous fatalities.
On April 4, 2012, a recall was issued on the Company’s HeartMate II heart pumps over concern for a potentially deadly defect. Then on November 27, 2013, The New England Journal of Medicine released a study concluding that the “rate of pump thrombosis related to the use of the HeartMate II has been increasing at our centers and is associated with substantial morbidity and mortality.”If you suffered a loss in Thoratec you have until March 25, 2014 to request that the Court appoint you as lead plaintiff. Your ability to share in any recovery doesn’t require that you serve as a lead plaintiff. To obtain additional information, contact Joseph E. Levi, Esq. either via email at email@example.com or by telephone at (212) 363-7500, toll-free: (877) 363-5972, or visit http://zlk.9nl.com/thoratec-thor. Levi & Korsinsky is a national firm with offices in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Washington D.C. The firm has extensive expertise in prosecuting securities litigation involving financial fraud, representing investors throughout the nation in securities and shareholder lawsuits. Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV