After the bell, the stock tumbled 6.6% to $26.85.
The apparel retailer guided for revenue between $520 million and $535 million and a net loss of 9 cents to 5 cents a share for its first quarter spanning the three months to May 3.
Analyst averages compiled by Thomson Reuters forecast revenue of $545.91 million and a net profit of 11 cents a share.For fiscal 2015, management expects sales in the range of $2.53 billion to $2.58 billion, short consensus of $2.6 billion. Net income guidance of $1.40 to $1.60 a share is far below estimates of $2.01 a share. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. "For fiscal year 2015, we still expect sales in our more developed businesses to be under pressure, especially in our own stores in North America and our European wholesale channel," said CEO Paul Marciano in a statement. TheStreet Ratings team rates GUESS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate GUESS INC (GES) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GES Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV