Updated to correct "bearish" to "bullish" in first paragraph.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- GT Advanced Technologies (GTAT) is extending its rally into a third consecutive day. The electronic parts maker, which specializes in materials polysilicon and sapphire, was surging after a bullish report from Canaccord Genuity on Monday.
By early afternoon Wednesday, shares had added 4.7% to $19.09.
Cannacord analysts Jonathan Dorsheimer and Josh Baribeau reiterated a "buy" rating and price target of $21 on Monday."We believe the Apple (AAPL) opportunity plus the recovery in the solar market should allow the company to exceed Street expectations. Additionally, GT has an increasing number of 'irons in the fire' which reduces diversification and customer concentration risks," they wrote in the report. A week earlier, Credit Suisse upgraded the stock to "outperform" from "neutral" and upped its price target to $24 from $18. "The company is shifting its business model from equipment sales to a large mix of less volatile and less cyclical sapphire material sales," analysts said in a note. "We believe this transition will be rewarded in the market with multiple expansion." GT Advanced Technologies is due to report its March-ending first quarter at the end of April. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters anticipate a net loss of 21 cents a share and $26.97 million in revenue. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. GTAT data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV