NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Rubicon Technology (RBCN - Get Report) fell 7.23% to $13.09 at 12:10 p.m. on Wednesday after the sapphire manufacturer priced 2.5 million shares of common stock in its public offering.
The company announced a price of $13 a share for the underwritten public offering, which it expects to close on Monday, March 24. Rubicon's offering contains a 30-day option to buy an additional 375,000 shares of common stock.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1247.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.13 million to -$15.24 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, RUBICON TECHNOLOGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $0.31 million or 78.50% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- RUBICON TECHNOLOGY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RUBICON TECHNOLOGY INC reported poor results of -$1.34 versus -$0.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.49 versus -$1.34).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 42.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RBCN Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts