Mistreatment And Neglect Of Justina Pelletier Continues Under Massachusetts DCF
BOSTON, March 19, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- More than two weeks after Judge Johnston ordered medical care of Justina to be returned to Tufts, she has yet to see one doctor from that facility or receive a medical evaluation.
This situation continues clearly indicate that the best situation for Justina is to be immediately returned to the loving arms of her family so that she will be ensured proper and timely medical care and attention.
Rev. Patrick Mahoney, Pelletier family spokesperson, said: "Over the past 14 months Justina Pelletier has been under the care of Massachusetts DCF, she has been treated worse than a piece of property. Over a year ago she was ice skating and enjoying life with her family. Today, under DCF care, she is in a wheelchair and struggling. She has been denied her basic civil rights such as attending Mass on sacred holidays and receiving a proper education."
Mahoney added: "The mistreatment and neglect of Justina continues as DCF has refused to take her to Tufts Medical for an evaluation over two weeks after Judge Johnston ordered that facility to take over her medical care."Keith Mason, President of Personhood USA, said: "Justina had to go to the emergency room last weekend because of grave lapses in Massachusetts DCF's care. Their neglect of her health and basic civil rights is an appalling violation of her human dignity. The solution to this tragic case is simple. Free Justina Pelletier back to the loving arms of her family immediately!" SOURCE Personhood USA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV