NEW YORK, March 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Conde Nast Entertainment and Golf Digest, the world's most widely-read golf publication, today launched the brand's first-ever premium digital video channel, rolling out new original series inspired by the magazine's award-winning editorial content. The channel, sponsored by Callaway®, features a wide range of content focusing on Golf Digest's core strengths in equipment and instruction, as well as humorous and informative original series. Golf Digest's channel launch marks the ninth launch in Conde Nast Entertainment's (CNE) digital video network, and second of 2014. The Golf Digest channel is the network's first and only sports channel.
"These video programs add another dimension of entertainment to Golf Digest's content," said Golf Digest Chairman and Editor-in-Chief Jerry Tarde. "We're reaching new and younger golfers while reinforcing our connection to the passionate player. It's helping us grow the game and deepen our ties to the core audience."
The channel's content will be widely distributed across multiple platforms, including Golf Digest's video site http://video.golfdigest.com and YouTube channel www.youtube.com/golfdigest, as well as through syndicated partnerships.
"Our Golf Digest channel will be the first premium digital video destination for the next generation of golf enthusiasts," said Dawn Ostroff, president, Conde Nast Entertainment. "As CNE's digital video network expands to new categories with our signature, distinctive programming, we are able to grow and enhance our audience of influencers in a meaningful way.""We are really excited to be partnering with Golf Digest on the launch of the Golf Digest Video Channel. It's a natural extension of our commitment to not only leading in innovation and performance in golf equipment but also in the ways consumers engage with companies and learn about their products," said Callaway Senior Vice President of Marketing Harry Arnett. "The multimedia content delivery approach to the Golf Digest Video Channel is a perfect fit for our newsroom content creation methodology. We know golfers everywhere will really enjoy it." New and original series from the editors of Golf Digest include: #GOLFSECRETS WITH BEN CRANE: It's not easy being a PGA Tour player—and a member of the parody boy band Golf Boys. Ben Crane shares his secrets for doing it all, while answering your golf questions with honesty and humor. #GolfSecrets
- Watch the trailer: http://video.golfdigest.com/watch/golfsecrets-with-ben-crane-series-trailer
- Watch the trailer: http://video.golfdigest.com/watch/nervewrackers-series-trailer
- Watch Episode 1 "Hitting Out of a Divot": http://video.golfdigest.com/watch/nervewrackers-hitting-out-of-a-divot
- Watch the trailer: http://video.golfdigest.com/watch/breaking-bad-scores-series-trailer
- Watch Episode 1 "Smashing Your Drive With Center Contact": http://video.golfdigest.com/watch/breaking-bad-scores-breaking-100-smashing-your-drive-with-center-contact
- Watch the trailer: http://video.golfdigest.com/watch/the-hot-list-series-trailer
- Watch Episode 1 "Inside The Hot List Pt. 4: The War Room": http://video.golfdigest.com/watch/the-hot-list-inside-the-hot-list-pt-4-the-war-room-2014-03-14