ExOne (XONE) reported earnings on Wednesday after the close. The company missed estimates on both the top and bottom lines, with revenue sinking 16% year over year. Guidance was also underwhelming compared to Street estimates, Cramer said.
Aside from that, Hewlett-Packard's (HPQ) presence in the 3-D printing space is expected sometime in June, according to CEO Meg Whitman, who was discussing the topic during Wednesday's annual shareholder meeting.
Cramer noted she critiqued the time and quality of current 3-D printing models and said the company believes it has solved both of those problems.That doesn't bode well for the 3-D printing industry, according to Cramer. He added that many investors continue to ask about 3D Systems DDD, but he suggested that it was no longer a stock to be in. Shares are down 23% in the past month and off 34% year to date. It's a move that doesn't tend to rebound, Cramer said. He concluded that shares of DDD have formed "one of the worst head-and-shoulders [patterns] I've ever seen," which a bearish technical chart pattern.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV