Perilous Reversal Watch: Geron Corporation (GERN)
- GERN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.4 million.
- GERN has traded 563,729 shares today.
- GERN is down 5.2% today.
- GERN was up 39.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GERN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GERN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GERN: Geron Corporation is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing a first-in-class telomerase inhibitor, imetelstat, in hematologic myeloid malignancies. The company was founded in 1990 and is based in Menlo Park, California. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Geron Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Geron Corporation has been 5.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Geron has a market cap of $283.4 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 62.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Geron Corporation as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its declining revenues. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, GERON CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- GERN, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 14.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 71.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 60.19% to -$5.73 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, GERON CORP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 62.62%.
- GERN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 9.88, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- This stock has increased by 38.37% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in GERN do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Geron Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts