The funds are intended to support existing, innovative programs with strategic support of program enhancements, such as but not limited to:
- Prioritizing closing HIV disparity gaps to address those most impacted by HIV in the community, emphasis may be placed on, but not limited to: racial/ethnic inequities, socio-economic status, youth and/or elderly status, and geographic barriers
- Adding mental health or substance abuse counseling to an existing, successful program
- Improving program capacity to provide linguistically and culturally appropriate resources (e.g., a Spanish-speaking staff member and materials) for emerging populations new to the community or program, emphasis may be placed on: non-English speaking populations, youth, and Gay/Bisexual/Same Gender loving men of color
- Training staff to focus on issues related to clients who have been incarcerated and funding an ongoing support group for the formerly incarcerated to address linkages to care
- Training staff in "motivational interviewing" to enhance skills and providing innovative incentives to further motivate high-risk clients to stay adherent
Questions about the process should be directed to email@example.com. Letters of Interest must be received by April 11, 2014, 5 p.m. ET for consideration to the full proposal phase.
All applicants invited to submit full proposals will be considered Network Finalists. Finalists will be invited to be a part of the ViiV Healthcare Positive Action Southern Initiative Network. Some of the Network benefits include networking activities, an online portal and technical assistance – including opportunities to share lessons learned with one another and with community experts. Organizations awarded grants will be notified in September. Programs receiving grant awards will be highlighted on the ViiV Healthcare website and, where possible, learnings and insights gained from the projects will be broadly shared.