As part of its focus on water stewardship, Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR), a leader in specialty coffee, coffee makers, teas and other beverages with its innovative brewing technology, today announced a multi-faceted effort to address the long-term, interconnected challenges of the water crisis, starting with a commitment of $11 million to support leading nonprofit organizations working domestically and internationally to promote water security.
“Freshwater resources are dwindling and communities throughout the world are threatened with scarcity,” said Brian Kelley, President and CEO of Keurig Green Mountain. “Water is a critical natural resource that is fundamentally important to our Company, our consumers, our stakeholders, and our supply chain. As a business and as global citizens, we have a responsibility to promote good water stewardship in the world.”
In late 2014 Keurig Green Mountain will convene water experts at the first annual Keurig Green Mountain Water Summit in Vermont late in 2014 to stimulate conversations, collaboration, and problem solving to address the global water crisis. In addition, the Company will continue to focus on processes and products that reduce the Company’s water footprint and help consumers save water.
As part of the $11 million commitment, Keurig Green Mountain funded four water-related non-profit organizations. Those partners and partnership goals include:
- charity: water, a global non-profit organization with a mission to bring clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. Working with charity: water, Keurig Green Mountain aims to bring clean drinking water to one million people by 2020.
- Global Water Initiative (GWI), created by the Howard G. Buffett Foundation in partnership with CARE, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) to focus resources and expertise on the efficient and equitable use of water resources for agricultural production to improve food security, resiliency, and sustainability for communities. The Keurig Green Mountain and GWI partnership is driving on-the-ground work to improve management of water resources in coffee-growing areas of Central America.
- Raise-the-River, a coalition of leading conservation NGOs working within a landmark US-Mexico policy framework to restore the once lush and vibrant Colorado River Delta by reconnecting the Colorado River to the Gulf of California. Together, Keurig Green Mountain and Raise-the-River are helping lead the charge to restore the health of the Colorado River starting with the Delta.
- American Rivers, a non-profit that protects wild rivers, restores damaged rivers and conserves clean water for people and nature. Through this partnership, Keurig Green Mountain and American Rivers are bringing communities together to clean up and restore their local rivers. Keurig Green Mountain employees have participated in river clean-up activities for ten years, including several years in partnership with American Rivers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV