In pre-market trading, the stock had taken off 3.3% to $37.56.
On Tuesday, the software and cloud computing developer reported revenue 4% higher year over year to $9.3 billion. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast sales of $9.36 billion.
In the three months to February, adjusted net income came in at 68 cents a share, 2 cents below estimates.
WATCH: Oracle Presents Trading Opportunity on Earnings Dip Jefferies weighed in on the results, noting while cloud bookings improvement is positive (revenues grew 25%), analysts "don't see anything in results/guidance that argues strongly for a change in our view at this point." Jefferies reiterated a "hold" rating and upped its price target to $37 from $36. The revised price target was a valuation call with modestly higher revenue forecasts. Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. ------------------------------ Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates ORACLE CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ORACLE CORP (ORCL) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ORCL Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV