JINHUA, China, March 19, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kandi Technologies Group, Inc. (the 'Company' or 'Kandi') (Nasdaq:KNDI), today announced that it has entered into a securities purchase agreement with two institutional investors for a registered direct placement of approximately $11,053,440 of common stock at a price of $18.24 per share. The Company will issue a total of 606,000 shares to the institutional investors. As part of the transaction, the Company will also issue to the investors warrants for the purchase of up to 90,900 shares of common stock at an exercise price of $22.80 per share, which warrants have a term of 18 months from the date of issuance.
The net proceeds from this offering will be used for general working capital purposes. The completion of the placement is expected to occur on or about March 24th, 2014, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
FT Global Capital, Inc. acted as the exclusive placement agent for the transaction.These securities are being offered through a prospectus supplement pursuant to the Company's effective shelf registration statement and base prospectus contained therein. A shelf registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with and declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). A prospectus supplement related to the offering will be filed with the SEC. This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, and these securities cannot be sold in any state in which this offer, solicitation, or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state. Any offer will be made only by means of a prospectus, including a prospectus supplement, forming a part of the effective registration statement. For further details of this transaction, please see the Form 8-K filed with the SEC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV