NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- You see UPS (UPS) and FedEx (FDX) trucks all over the place. Now is the time to know some cool things the companies are doing to save themselves bank and make Mother Nature happy.
- FedEx now has over 360 hybrid-electric vehicles in service, and 200 all electric.
- FedEx is actively replacing inefficient engines with new ones from Mercedes Benz. Now in over 35% of its fleet, these are 70% to 100% more fuel efficient than the old engines.
- Through the use of new technology, UPS is tracking per van oil quality to reduce the need for oil changes. Moreover, UPS has been able to shave 10% off the number of miles driven by its vehicles through tech-driven improvements in routes taken.
-- By Brian Sozzi CEO of Belus Capital Advisors, analyst to TheStreet
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV