NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- You see UPS (UPS - Get Report) and FedEx (FDX - Get Report) trucks all over the place. Now is the time to know some cool things the companies are doing to save themselves bank and make Mother Nature happy.
- FedEx now has over 360 hybrid-electric vehicles in service, and 200 all electric.
- FedEx is actively replacing inefficient engines with new ones from Mercedes Benz. Now in over 35% of its fleet, these are 70% to 100% more fuel efficient than the old engines.
- Through the use of new technology, UPS is tracking per van oil quality to reduce the need for oil changes. Moreover, UPS has been able to shave 10% off the number of miles driven by its vehicles through tech-driven improvements in routes taken.
-- By Brian Sozzi CEO of Belus Capital Advisors, analyst to TheStreet
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts