After the bell, shares had taken off 1.1% to $76.29.
For its March-ending first quarter, the company expects an adjusted loss of 70 cents to 80 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast a per-share loss of 50 cents.
In the three months to December, the solar energy systems developer reported fourth-quarter revenue of $47.3 million, an 87.2% year-over-year increase. Analysts had estimated revenue of $45.27 million.In the three months to December, the company recorded a net loss of 46 cents a share. Analysts had expected net losses of 55 cents a share. Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates SOLARCITY CORP as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SOLARCITY CORP (SCTY) a SELL. This is driven by a number of negative factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been very high debt management risk by most measures."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SCTY Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV