– Same Store NOI Increases 9.1% for Full Year 2013 –
- Reported Core FFO loss of $0.1 million, or $0.01 loss per diluted share.
- Same store net operating income, or same store NOI, increased 6.6% compared to the same period in the prior year. Same store revenue increased 8.4% and same store expenses increased 10.0%.
- Same store average occupancy was 96.5% at quarter end, a gain of 160 basis points compared to the same period last year.
- Same store average rent increased to $809 per unit, an increase of 4.0% compared to the same period last year.
- Subsequent to the end of the year, completed a rights offering and simultaneous private placement pursuant to which we issued an aggregate of 24,881,517 million common shares and raised gross proceeds of $150 million.
- Subsequent to the end of the year, acquired 5 communities, totaling 1,530 units, for $198 million of aggregate investment.
- Subsequent to the end of the year, named Richard Ross as interim Chief Executive Officer in addition to his role as the Company's Chief Financial Officer and named Ryan Hanks as Chief Operating Officer in addition to his role as the Company's Chief Investment Officer. Mack Pridgen, chairman of the Company's audit committee and its lead independent director, was appointed as chairman of the Company's board of directors.