YOUNGSVILLE, N.C., March 18, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Harold Bevis, the President and CEO of Xerium Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:XRM), a leading global provider of industrial consumable products and services, announced today the hiring of Mr. Wern-Lirn (Paul) Wang to the position of Xerium - President of Asia. Mr. Wang will be based in Xerium's Asia headquarters office in Shanghai, China and will have full responsibility for the fast-growing Asia region. Mr. Wang will be responsible for delivering Xerium-Asia's long-term and short-term business plans, maintaining and strengthening customer relationships, leading improvement initiatives and accelerating growth and profit rates.
Harold Bevis said "Xerium has a very successful and growing business in Asia. Paul will be taking over a great business for Xerium and taking it to the next level. Xerium is investing into and expanding all 4 of its Asian plants and also is building a 5 th new, greenfield plant in Ba Cheng, China. Paul is a seasoned international businessman with strengths in Asia. He adds a lot to our Asian business and to our top executive team. He is Xerium's first Asian national leader and we expect him to make a big difference for the company. He will shape the Asian team under him, refine the company's product offerings, expand our production capabilities, and deepen our Value Results selling process."
"Xerium is an expert at creating productivity for our customers and we have an arsenal of patented solutions," continued Mr. Bevis. "Asia is an extremely important market for Xerium and it is imperative that Xerium continue to profitably grow its Asian business. We hope that one day Asia will be the biggest business for Xerium. Mr. Paul Wang will lead all of our Asian efforts and will help me lead the whole company as a top executive of the company."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV