Trade-Ideas: SolarCity (SCTY) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- SCTY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $400.9 million.
- SCTY is up 2.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SCTY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SCTY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SCTY: SolarCity Corporation engages in the design, installation, and sale or lease of solar energy systems to residential and commercial customers, and government entities in the United States. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate SolarCity a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for SolarCity has been 4.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SolarCity has a market cap of $6.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 29.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SolarCity as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been very high debt management risk by most measures. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.03 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, SCTY has a quick ratio of 0.59, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- SOLARCITY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 219.6% in earnings (-$1.79 versus -$0.56).
- Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, SOLARCITY CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SOLARCITY CORP is rather high; currently it is at 65.47%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.90% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has improved to $100.01 million from having none in the same quarter last year. Since the company had no net operating cash flow for the prior period, we cannot calculate a percent change in order to compare its growth rate with that of its industry average.
- You can view the full SolarCity Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts