By market close, shares had taken off 2.7% to $38.90.
The footwear retailer reported net income of 31 cents a share, 2 cents higher than analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast.
However, revenue of $572 million was 3.7% lower year over year and missed analysts' estimates by $17.3 million. Comparable-store sales remained flat over the quarter.For the current fiscal year, the company expects revenue growth of 6% to 7%, assuming sales between $2.54 billion and $2.56 billion. Full-year earnings are expected between $1.80 and $1.95 a share. Analysts had expected fiscal earnings of $2.09 a share and revenue of $2.57 billion. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV