Starting today, customers of DISH Network L.L.C., a wholly owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), can now view ESPNU, ESPNews, Disney East and ABC Family in high definition (HD). As part of a previously announced agreement between DISH and The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) to expand content, HD feeds of the four channels are available just in time for key college sporting events and new episodes of popular shows.
“With the first round of the National Invitation Tournament on ESPNU tonight, college basketball fans will be able to see every jump shot and buzzer beater live on DISH in HD,” said Dave Shull, DISH executive vice president and chief commercial officer. “We know how much our customers value quality HD programming and we are pleased to be the leader in college sports.”
ESPNU HD, ESPNews HD, Disney East HD and ABC Family HD channels were previously available in standard definition (SD) only and will be accessible via the electronic programming guide of the DISH channel lineup for customers in the continental United States; while SD versions of the channels remain available, customers in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands will begin receiving available HD versions March 19. Programming on Disney East HD is aligned to the Eastern time zone while Disney West, which is broadcast in SD, airs programming aligned to the Pacific time zone.
About DISHDISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.057 million satellite TV customers (as of Dec. 31, 2013) with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV