By midafternoon, the stock was down 7.1% to $2.42.
In the three months to December, the telecommunications service provider reported a net loss of 10 cents a share, 2 cents narrower than the year-ago quarter's loss of 12 cents a share. The net loss came in as analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters forecast.
Revenue climbed 3.5% year over year to $8.52 million, slightly short of estimates of $8.65 million.For its first quarter, management anticipates revenue between $8.45 million and $8.75 million. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates TOWERSTREAM CORP as a Sell with a ratings score of D. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate TOWERSTREAM CORP (TWER) a SELL. This is driven by a number of negative factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TWER Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV