Shares of JPMorgan Chase were gaining 0.7% to $57.96.
The quarterly dividend is in line with the bank's previous. The divided is payable on April 30 to all shareholders of record as the close of business on April 4. The ex-dividend date is set for April 1.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates JPMORGAN CHASE & CO as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate JPMORGAN CHASE & CO (JPM) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The gross profit margin for JPMORGAN CHASE & CO is currently very high, coming in at 90.17%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.09% is above that of the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- JPMORGAN CHASE & CO's earnings per share declined by 6.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO reported lower earnings of $4.32 versus $5.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.90 versus $4.32).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JPM Ratings Report