Kellogg Company (K) Stock Storming The Castle Today
- K has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $113.1 million.
- K has traded 1.9 million shares today.
- K is trading at 1.56 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- K crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in K with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for K NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on K: Kellogg Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets ready-to-eat cereal and convenience food products primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom. The company operates through U.S. Morning Foods, U.S. Snacks, U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. K has a PE ratio of 12.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Kellogg Company a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kellogg Company has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kellogg has a market cap of $22.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.55 and a short float of 3.6% with 5.11 days to cover. Shares are up 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kellogg Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 2656.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$32.00 million to $818.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market, KELLOGG CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for KELLOGG CO is rather high; currently it is at 61.53%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.36% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $418.00 million or 9.13% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, KELLOGG CO's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 53.43%.
- KELLOGG CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KELLOGG CO increased its bottom line by earning $4.95 versus $2.68 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 19.4% in earnings ($3.99 versus $4.95).
- You can view the full Kellogg Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.